Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 21, 2010

MIA




I have had a few tough weeks, injuries, flat tires, pet injuries you name it. It kind of started the night I got out of class on a Thursday a few weeks ago. It was 9pm and there was a dead pigeon right outside of my drivers side door. It definitely wasn't there when I went to class and I had to straddle it to get into the car. How does a pigeon just drop dead between 6 and 9 pm?? I am thinking it was a bad omen. Thus, I have been a little out of the loop and felt the need to post a little about what I have been up to.



Anyway, I did get to do some croissants about a week and a half ago during a snow storm we had. Something about snowstorms makes me wanna bake!!! I used the Julia Child Method (actually Esther McManus )coupled with a recipe from Epicurious. Yes, the times add up to over one full day, but I was able to start them at 10am and finished at about 8pm with baked, flaky, buttery morsels of heaven. Croissants are something I feel are challenging for me because I am not patient when it comes to cooking, and even with this recipe I can't seem to plan enough to do it 100% according to the recipe. I baked about 10 and put the rest of the formed raw ones in the freezer. When you are ready to bake them, just thaw over night and you can pop them in the oven in the morning. My only regret, I didn't make any chocolate ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?