Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sourdough Redux

So, I successfully obtained an active starter from a friend over the weekend. I am in the process of letting it rise but it is still pretty flat. I am gonna bake it in about a hour and see how it does.



I did have a great success this weekend. I made coconut foam and it was awesome! Made some simple syrup and melted 3/4 of a packet of gelatin into it. I then added that to 1 can of coconut milk and chilled it in my isi dessert whip. And... Voila!

This weekend, I am looking forward to going to Union League Cafe in New Haven. It's a staple in the CT foodie scene and I am excited to try the food.


Well, on to see how this sourdough is going to work out, fingers crossed!!

**Update** it turned out great!! Very crusty and nice texture inside. And delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?