Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Time is flying by

Sometimes life feels like it's passing me by. I hate Mondays and Thursdays now because I get up at the crack of dawn to get ready for work and I don't get home until after 10 from class. That means a whole day without seeing Anneliese for more than 30 minutes. Sometimes I really wonder what I am doing trying to finish my Master's but I am more than 1/2 way through so I have to finish.


I think working moms definitely have a big set of challenges aside from the obvious juggling act that goes on. Having little time with my daughter during the week since she sleeps 12 hours a night, I often want to snatch her out of her crib at 10pm and snuggle with her which I know is a bad idea. My weekends are sacred, I like to spend as much time with my family as possible so if if you want me to come somewhere I can't bring a baby, you probably won't see me more than once in a while. I do try to do adult things as much as possible, but school is making me very clingy. And, if you are a family member, taking my daughter when we see you on the weekend may seem like you are giving me a break, but I really, really miss her. While I don't mind you feeding her, holding her; hell, change her diaper, sure! But, give her back to me before I have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?