Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Feels just like Yesterday!

One year ago today, I was lying on my couch like a beached whale waiting for the phone to ring from the hospital telling me I could come in to be induced! A call came in the afternoon but it was them telling me there was no room and they would try again tomorrow. By this time, the snow had already started. We were having a major blizzard; 2+ feet of snow was predicted and did fall.

By the next afternoon, the snow stopped and the phone rang, "several nurses and doctors had stayed overnight because of the blizzard and they were-----bored. Did I want to come in for my induction at 5pm or 8pm?" I opted for 8pm so I could eat something. But, I couldn't eat, I was so nervous/excited! We got to the hospital and checked in, I was brought up to the room where I would sleep (loose term!) and there was a comfy couch for my husband. We watched TV for a few hours, taking some fun pictures to post on Facebook and then I told Ed to get some sleep; it was going to be a long day tomorrow!


Much to my surprise and happiness, I was allowed to have breakfast the next morning. I opted for eggs and toast so I could have the energy to potentially make it through until tonight without food. The next 12 hours were pretty much boring with spurts of craziness mixed in; a lot of clock watching but towards the end some exciting moments.

I don't think it really hit us that we were parents until we were in the car with our newborn. She was in the NICU for the entire time I was in the hospital and I think that had a lot to do with it. I just remember looking at my husband and saying "she's ours".




Happy Birthday to my little girl, it's been an amazing year and I am looking forward to every moment here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?