Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 23, 2012

It's The End of The World

Well, Friday at 3pm it seemed it to me. I got a call from The Parks and Rec Department in my town. I thought it was just to confirm the space for my daughter's first birthday party. The woman answered the phone- I said I got a missed call. She says "Oh, you are supposed to be having a birthday party here tomorrow" I said "Supposed to? ARE having" Well, she then informs me that they are closing due to the snow forecasted. Angry, was an understatement. I mean how do you tell a mother that she can't have a first birthday party for her one year old? I had over $500 in food ordered- ready to go! They kept transferring me until I got to a man who was so nasty to me that I will never step foot inside that center ever again, at least not in the very near future.

I immediately picked up the phone and called my mom (for the record, I did call my husband first but he didn't answer) and just opened up the faucet and started crying. She calmed me down and suggested I have people over in the afternoon for cake. So, I set about ordering a smaller cake (luckily, they didn't bake it yet!) cancelling all the food (luckily I was able to do that too) and contacting people to let them know there would be no party.

In hindsight, it was almost a blessing in disguise- I saved a lot of money and only 20% of the people actually showed up for cake- that would have been a lot of wasted food. We had a fantastic time with our family and friends and Anneliese won't even remember it. I feel like January is going to prove difficult for any future event I do plan for her- I see a lot of sleep-overs in our future for grammar school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?