Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 22, 2010

Learning Curve

Truth be told, the fried chicken was a disaster. I really need to purchase a candy thermometer because that was the biggest mistake, the oil was way too hot but didn't cook the actual meat of the chicken. I also discovered I really don't like frying stuff.

I made the chicken Tuesday night and my house still smells like the grease dumpster out behind McDonald's. I also screwed up the brining and brined for way too long. I did like the smell of the brine so I might use that recipe again because I think it would be a great flavor for a whole roaster.

This weekend...get ready for it....we are installing the garbage disposal!!! I am not sure why this excites me so much but it does. Weird shit happens to you once you become a homeowner. I also found out that we probably won't be getting our new home buyer's credit for about 4 months so that seriously puts a damper on my renovation plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?