Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bacchanalia!



I'm almost to Saturday, my favorite day in all of January, the Mohegan Sun Winefest! I think if last year was a good indicator, I SHOULD be able to pace myself. The first year was a disaster but I know from experience not to try and taste everything. We are going with 2 friends which should be fun as well. We're also going to try and network with some of the wine people to score some free visits for when we go to Napa.


On another note, I think I perfected my sangria Saturday. I used 2 bottles of smoking loon pinot, a bit of apricot bandy, cointreau and 1/2 cup of simple syrup infused with orange, orange juice from 2 oranges, diced apples, pineapple and pear and a splash of club soda in each glass with ice. It was pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?