Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 15, 2010

Working for the Weekend

Tonight is usually when my husband and I get to have some takeout, a little shining light in the dim tunnel of the workweek. I am thinking about the prospect of sushi. There is this really good place right down the road from us,
Sakimura. They have a really great selection of sushi and hot items as well. I am thinking that and a nice heavy pour of Nobilo Savignon Blanc.

I also need to start planning things to make/bake this weekend. I got Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc At Home cookbook and I am really excited to use it. I am contemplating the fried chicken for this weekend.

I also have a live starter for sourdough that I want to try in the bread machine. I have been working on it since Thanksgiving. I am really having a hard time with it. At first it seemed really easy. I mean, people have been doing it for hundreds of years, you mix water with flour and let it sit out and collect wild yeast. Well, apparently I suck at it. Mine still has yet to double in size but I left it in a warm place before I left for work this morning and I am going to add some commercial yeast (shhh! don't tell!) to help it along when I get home. Other than that, I think a nice loaf of cinnamon raisin bread is in order. I made some last week and it was heavenly. I think I owe a loaf to my sister too, she was jealous last week.

Here's to a nice long holiday weekend of baking! My favorite! If I really get adventurous, I will do some croissants. They should be much easier with my new granite counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?