Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 14, 2010

What, why, when, and how?


My mom has this picture of me as a toddler sitting on her counter licking the paddle from our Kitchen Aid mixer, I always loved cooking with her. I got an easy bake oven as a gift and I became instantly bored with the mixes that came with it. I asked my mother to give me remnants of her pie crust and I filled the Easy Bake Oven tin with sliced apples, cinnamon, sugar flour and butter and made mini pies. When it was lunch time, I came up with crazy concoctions for me and my sister and while preparing them, I pretended I was on a PBS cooking show (this was pre- Foodnetwork)


That's how I remember my childhood, I was always in the kitchen. I think that's why I love to cook now, it really a stress reliever for me and I love making people happy by making something they are going to enjoy.

I have been cooking a lot lately since I moved into my new condo (double ovens and granite counter tops and all the space in the world for my 50+ kitchen appliances!). I have been using Facebook to help me document some of that but the time has come for something a little more. I feel I have more to offer a wider range of people and some free time on my hands that I decided a blog would be a good outlet for what I wanted to accomplish. I don't have a specific format in mind although I will offer reviews for restaurants (as I write often on Yelp, new recipes I come across or develop myself as well as info on beer, wine, kitchen gadgets, foodie magazines; basically anything food related.

So, stay tuned, until next time- which hopefully will be sometime this weekend since I plan to do some "stress believing" in the form of baking some bread and a few dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?